The Review Process
The documents available on this site have been drafted by both Still Image and Audio Visual working groups, and range from guidelines recommending specific metrics to those describing more general processes or methodologies. The titles are linked to a page containing additional information, with links to view or download the documents.
All documents go through a review process by the applicable working group before being finalized, and some will be posted during interim phases this process. In a few cases, guidelines will be jointly drafted with other organizations. The following categories are used to describe the status of each of the documents:
Draft Under Development
- This is an early version for public access, not formal review.
- Comments are welcome and the working group will report on contined progress.
Draft Under Review by Working Group
- This is the first stage of review.
- The document name will be listed, but the document itself is not yet available for public display.
- The working group has completed an initial version of the document and it is now posted for public comment.
- Generally, the comment period will be open for 4-6 weeks, and feedback from the public is encouraged during this time.
Approved by Working Group
- All comments have been reviewed by the working group, and any applicable changes have been made.
- The posted document is now the finalized version.
- The working group has made substantive changes to the document.
- The revised version is posted, with the date, as the most current.
In addition, the working groups are always interested in receiving additional comments and any document may be revised when warranted. Each of the document pages includes a link to our comment form; please use the form to submit your suggestions to us at any time. Because the documents may be updated periodically, always refer to the online version, rather than printed, for the most current.
Last Updated: 12/10/2010